Aesthetic Practitioner Training
Leading Companies such as Allergan & Q-Med have regularly engaged Marea as a specialist trainer and validator, over the last ten years.
Following numerous requests, MBNS have now introduced their own in-clinic training program. We have a series of one-day courses, covering different key aesthetic cosmetic injection skills. Sessions are in small groups or one to one in our Oxfordshire Clinic. Each course has a limit of four delegates. This means we can tailor the training to meet your specific needs and questions.
Training is hands-on, preceptorship style with a strong practical emphasis, designed to instill competency and confidence. Read below to find course details or call us on 01844 213007.
Why Train At MBNS?
- You will learn more in a small group and you will feel relaxed in a professional clinic environment rather than a classroom.
- Following your training, you can ring an experienced practitioner to resolve questions and queries which arise when you are back in your practice.
- We understand that if you feel confident, you are more likely to build a great business and bring happy smiles to your patients’ faces!
What Are Our Qualifications?
Marea has been treating for over 18 years and was instrumental in defining the best practice, now established in cosmetic medicine. She invested five years, as members of the initial RCN sponsored steering group, to publish these medical aesthetic competencies. Marea was involved in the peer review process, which produced the RCN Assessment Tool.
As part of her MSc, Marea researched the transition process from the NHS into private medicine. She remains at the hub of the industry as an active member of Association for Nurse Prescribing, writing Authority Blog for the BACN and will act as a content review panel member for the new Journal of Aesthetic Nursing.
Marea was a member of the original Allergan Faculty of VISTABEL®/BOTOX® Validators, responsible for validating practitioners on injection technique. She had her own botulinum toxin injection technique validated by Doctors’ Alistair and Jean Carruthers the most published researchers on cosmetic botulinum toxin treatments.
Marea also regularly trains in dermal filler treatments for various companies in basic and advanced techniques. She is also an experienced IPL/Laser practitioner and has the BTEC Professional Award in Skin Laser Technology, Application & Treatment.
What Do Our Courses Cover?
- Beginners Botulinum Neuro Toxin A (BoNT-A) for cosmesis. e.g. Xeomin®, BOTOX®, Dysport®
- Advanced injection technique: upper face BoNT-A
- Lower face BoNT-A
- Dermal Fillers for beginners
- Advanced Dermal Fillers, Facial Volumising, Sculpting, Understanding Facial Vectors
- Skin Revitalisation Using Vital. Micro-needling
- Use of Cannulae for Dermal Fillers
- Light, Heat, Energy Treatments for Hair removal, Skin Rejuvenation, Skin Tightening
- Facial Peels, such as the iS Clinical Fire & Ice Medical Facial
- Sclerotherapy for Thread Veins of the Legs
- Short Wave Diathermy for Benign Mole and Skin Tag Removal
Available Training Dates 2015
To be finalised.
A one day course costs £750
To book your place on either course call Angela on 01844 213007 or email us by clicking here.
To discuss specific course content contact Marea Brennan Thorns on 01844 213007.
MBNS clinic is based in Oxfordshire to find us click here.